Tuesday, January 1, 2013

oh hey, 2013.

I recently published my thoughts on my 2013 resolutions. I'm going to focus more on my 101 in 1001 list, but I also wanted to write a post reflecting on my growth this past year. It's essentially tied to my new goals for 2013 which do include that bucket list that has to be complete by 2015. 

At the start of 2012, as I have mentioned numerous times, I had thrown out what I thought I was supposed to do with my life. I threw away a idealistic five-year plan that I never fully believed in, even back when I was applying for college. Instead, I followed my heart, my gut, and my instincts. I've said it before, and I will continue to say it. I'm glad I did it.

I had an awesome year per my prior post. 2012 was a year of growth for me. Of course, I mean it so via academics and professional experience, but I mean in it in other areas of my life as well. I don't generally disclose personal information on this blog as well we all know I have hopes of running for office someday. But, what I can say is that I learned a lot more about what a true friend is, why boys stink and men are more my type, and that once again, seeing and experiencing new sights is some of the best medicine. 

So, here's to you 2013. I want to continue to follow a new mantra in my life. I want to continue to grow. And, I want to remember that it is okay not to have everything always planned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment