Friday, December 21, 2012

2012: Year in Review

Trafalger Square from the Top of a Double Decker Bus
As I sit here writing the 2012: Year in Review post, I get to enjoy the comfort of a warm blanket, some hot chocolate, and watch the snow fall outside. Clearly, I'm enjoying my winter break at home! 

It's hard to believe that this year is almost over. It seems as if I was just starting my last semester at Syracuse just yesterday. Yet, today, I've got one term of grad school already done. Time flies when you are having fun and working hard. I made a lot of memories this year; some were not so great, but the majority of them, I will carry with me forever. (Thank goodness for tons of photos.)


I left my mark at Chucks
So, here we go..a short year in review complete with those photos that I mentioned.

Danielle and Me
Governor Howard Dean
January: 
  • Attend the Politics and Media Seminar at the Washington Center in DC for research on my honors thesis 
  • Met Governor Howard Dean and others inspirations at the Seminar
  • Got to meet two of my now good friends, Lexi and AJ, at the seminar
  • Was Reunited with my Summer 2011 Roommate, Danielle
  • Returned to Syracuse for my last semester
  • Got Accepted into the London School of Economics on the first day of the last semester at Syracuse

February:
  • Participated in my last formal Pi Beta Phi recruitment as a collegian member
  • Reunion of Lawrinson 12 
Katie, Kari, and me meeting Brandon Triche (SU Basketball Player) 
Celebrating my 22nd Birthday 
Elite 8 Game in Boston
March: 

  • Turned 22 Years Old
  • Spent Spring Break at Syracuse with some of my best friends as we finished our capstone projects
  • Traveled to Boston with my Best Friend, Katie, for the Syracuse Elite 8 Game
  • Met the Entire Basketball Team (one final go!)

One Final Mayfest 
Group Photo with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 
Remembrance Scholars 
April:

  • Participated in the 2012 Dulye Leadership Experience. This time, I was on the side of the student project manager and an alumna of the program
  • Met Senator Chuck Schumer
  • Met Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
  • Participated on the Remembrance Scholar Selection Committee
  • Finished my Honors Capstone Project/Political Science Distinction Thesis
  • Had One Final MAYFEST
My Nephew and Me 

Oriana and Me at the Remembrance Scholar Brunch

Honors Convocation with my Parents
May:
  • Defended my thesis for the political science distinction program
  • Presented my thesis at Honors Capstone Day
  • Participated in final senior activities such as Remembrance Scholar Brunch, Senior Sunday, and Senior Celebration
  • Graduated from Syracuse University complete with three ceremonies and Aaron Sorkin being my Commencement Speaker
  • Got to see my Brother and Nephew for Graduation 

June:
  • Started my summer internship with the U.S. Department of Education 
  • Finished my internship with the U.S. Department of State
  • Was Home for the First Summer in Ages
Reunion
July:
  • Took a road trip to Pennsylvania 
  • Got Reunited with my friends, Ashlie and Erin
  • Granted my student visa for England 
Orange Reunion
August:
  • Took a road trip to Connecticut to see my best friend, Katie
  • Travled to NYC for the day for random meet-ups, a musical, and a ton of macaroons!
  • Attended a Syracuse New Student Send Off with Erin 
  • Wrote a freelance article for the International Political Forum
  • Landed another remote internship with the U.S. Department of State
LSE Orientation 
Buckingham Palace
September:
MPA Retreat 

MPA Retreat
October:
White Cliffs of Dover
Prince William
November:
Jenny and Me at the Holiday Party 
Mumford and Sons 
December: 

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, fellow expat! Hope you're enjoying London!
    PS: one of my best friends is at Syracuse, I think she's a Junior now (and in AGD) :)

    ReplyDelete