Sunday, December 16, 2012

End of Michaelmas Term

As I sit here writing this blog post, I've got the last bit of laundry drying and trying to decide what I really need for three weeks at home. Honestly, I still cannot believe I've been done with my first term of graduate school since Wednesday. Time sure does fly when you were trying to balance the heaviest course load known to man, an internship, and a general life. But, here, I am...December 16th, and finished.

The last week of term consisted of a final STATA problem set of the term, government group project, economics homework, and a management working group outline for a project. All of that was on top of the usual reading for the week, final activities, etc. Yet, all of it got done. Monday night, I only slept four hours, and Tuesday resulted in a 30 minute nap at my desk around 6am. But, if you know me, that's usual. I'm the type of person to just stay up and putter through. 

As you saw from an earlier post this week, I got to go to the Mumford and Sons concert on Tuesday. Still on cloud nine...even though it is Sunday now. Wednesday evening, the girls and I grabbed drinks at the George celebrating our freedom for a month and then went for a quick bite to eat.  More to come on Thursday- Sunday activities...

Honestly, as I look back now, time flew by. I'm a new person with a new outlook on different career options,  math, and life, itself. Tomorrow, as I board my two planes to go home, I'm excited for a break, but already counting down the days till I'm back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment