Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Adventures in CT and NYC!

This past weekend, I took a road trip to visit one of my best friends from Syracuse. Her name is also Katie. We've been friends since sophomore year when she joined Pi Phi, and since then, we've been the best of friends. At times during senior year, we were referred to as the "Katies" by many.

The drive there and back equated to about ten hours of driving, but it was well worth seeing a friend, sharing a few laughs, and catching up in person rather than via text message or by phone. One of the things that I have noticed this summer is that I do enjoy road trips. I had forgotten how much since I've been interning for the past summers, and most travel has been done via a plane. Having the wind in your hair, a Starbucks latte, and music (as cliche as it sounds) was a nice way to start and end a fun weekend.

Katie and I ate dinner with her parents and watched the Olympics Friday night. Well worth it to catch up and to get to know her parents as well.

Saturday, we ventured into NYC for the day. We caught the commuter train which was about an hour journey into Grand Central. From there, our day consisted of window-shopping, drinks with friends from Syracuse, the hunt for macaroons, and watching Mary Poppins, the Musical. We actually ran into a few people I knew from my semester abroad randomly while we were getting pre-musical drinks with another friend. It really is a small world.

Overall, the weekend was well worth it. Lots of fun to catch up with a friends before I hop the pond!


Yum!

London Fall 2010

New Amsterdam Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment